June 24, 2023
Here are a few articles for your consideration.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)
- Mary White: What is a Republican? There are some, even here in North Idaho, who claim to be official Republicans, but in fact are not. They usually support the same people and issues that the Democrats support, so what does that tell you?
- Saying Heat is Leading Cause of Death is Totally False With the use of air conditioning heat death have declined in recent years. Truly, more people die in cold weather than in warm weather.
- What happened to the Titanic Sub? The latest news seems to say that the sub imploded; possibly before hitting the sea floor. Debris found 1600 feet from Titanic. No humans found so far. Noises heard now thought to have come from other ships on the scene.
- Joe Biden May be Implicated in Hunter’s Crimes The Democrats and the Press are working overtime to be sure you never know the truth about Biden or his family.
- Here are some comments from my friends at Global Warming Realists.
You are spot-on!
From news reports, the manufacturer was obviously cutting corners on safety. That is not something that you as an airline pilot would ever want to hear.
Submarine tragedies have routinely occurred at far lesser depths, where the pressure on the hull is still massive but not incredible.
I am strongly in favor of unmanned ‘research’ vehicles to be used at great depths in the oceans or in deep space. That way, we need not risk humans or even need to provide for their well-being.
P.S. I have copied a retired US Navy Captain who once commanded Los Angeles-class nuclear submarines.
Obviously devastating news for the families of the five that perished.
I never thought much about this until I looked into where the wreckage of the Titanic lies on the sea floor of the North Atlantic. The reported depth of that wreckage is 12,500 ft below sea level. So that means any vessel that submerges like the Titan was doing would have a pressure exerted on the vessel of 378.2 Earth atmospheres (5,560 lbs per square inch) or 4.06 Venus atmospheres.
That is a very high pressure to encounter and you would think that the manufacturer would have rigorously tested the bulkhead and all the operating systems and done the R&D to get design engineers to sign off on it for this sort of a trip. But I also understand that the company did not do this, so it is unlikely the vessel was tested to this external operating pressure. Why the company or the pilot would not have wanted to do this for safety is beyond me, and if I was asked to pilot such a ship, I would have flatly refused without proof that at this depth, the vessel is operating inside the safety margin design.
I also understand that all the passengers had to sign liability waivers to go on this trip with OceanGate Expeditions at a cost of $250,000 dollars per passenger.
I feel truly sorry for those that perished in this tragedy. It sounds like there was little information if any given on the operating limitations of the vessel that it had actually been tested to and there may have even been some untrue statements made to the passengers about the tested limits and potential hazard of using this vehicle for this sort of an expedition.
According to the US Coast Guard, the debris found made them conclude the bulkhead of the vessel collapsed under this pressure causing the entire vessel to implode.
19. Steve Bannon: The War Room
- Episode 2822: Congresswoman Boebert Drafts Articles Of Impeachment
- Episode 2823: Child Exploitation And Corruption In Mexico; The Destruction Of Pornography
- WarRoom Battleground EP 317: Sound OF Freedom: A Sit Down With Jim Caviezel
- Episode 2821: Blinken Grovels In China
- Bannon: The CCP’s Dominating America To Degree Soviets Could Only Wish For
- Episode 2820: The End Of The Golden Age Of Americana; Misdirection Play By Delaware And The Media
- Episode 2819: The Mocking Of American Values; Rise Of The Second Opium War