July 19, 2023
Here are a few articles for your consideration.
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:32)
- Here is my most recent article published by American Thinker. It is also attached as a Word document.
- OPINION: Trump redux | Coeur d’Alene Press (cdapress.com) Brent Regan Column Friday, July 14, 2023
- Electric Vehicles built over 100 years ago never caught on, and will not last today for many reasons
- Trump Potential Running Mates Personally I would not expect Trump to pick a running mate until after the convention; but this will be a very hard election to second guess at any point. Anything can happen.
- DeSantis says NO to suggested VP Role At this point it appears that the chances of a DeSantis win are slim to none. History demonstrates that choosing to support someone else helps the other and sets yourself up for a later win. I still believe a Trump-DeSantis team would be unbeatable. Then, again, DeSantis is doing a great job in Florida and needs to stay there until 2028.
- Secret Service Destroys bag evidence After nearly seven months Congress has heard much testimony of wrong doing by the present administration, and no one has been held to account. It is likely that no one will ever be brought to account.
- Plant a trillion trees to deal with climate change Every thinking scientist knows there is no climate change crisis. So, who will pay for the trees? Where will the water come from for these new trees? Who will plant them? This reminds me of the WPA, and the CCC under President Roosevelt, just more work projects. Carbon Dioxide is needed by every plant for growth. It is not creating any serious warming.
- Floods: Historical, Not Climate Change I remember that in the fifties I worked at a camp in the Sierras. We built a dam and with a small creek had a lake for aquatic activity. Later in the summer a flash flood washed out the dam. It was rebuilt and this time with a drain, so it could be drained at the end of the summer. Again the drain plugged up and the dam washed out. Flash floods were very common in the high desert. Not sure if there is even a dam there today.
Just a further thought on flooding. As civilization develops there are more houses, more streets and roads, and more blacktop etc. Thus, there is more runoff. Over time this will only get worse and cause more flooding. Flood control dams will help, but not building in areas where floods occur each year may be another solution.