November 18, 2023
Here are a few articles for your consideration.
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (Romans 3:10)
U.S. Constitution Article III, Section 2, Paragraph 2
In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.
- Congressman George Santos, Accused of Fraud, will not run again Hopefully they will find a strong Republican to run in his place. This is a very sad commentary.
- Congressman Jamaal Bowan, who “mistakenly” pulled the fire alarm, insists Republicans are to blame for poor economy
- Ukraine: Corruption: No Elections: No More money for Ukraine The Democrats say supporting Ukraine is in our best interest because it is a buffer against Russia to protect the rest of Europe. Well, maybe if Russia got a little closer to Europe, they would do more to help Ukraine. I would say not another dollar for Ukraine until they can account for what was already given them. If they couple money for Ukraine with border security, then I would suggest we see the border actually closed, and thousands turned back before giving Ukraine another dollar. The Democrats have not always kept their promises. What is the administration doing about the group of 7,000 nearing the US border? Nothing!
- Shutdown Avoided: Inflation Increased: National Debt increased Expect prices to rise again because of government printing more money to meet the budget. This is pure inflation. If the House does not take a stand to reduce spending, why are they there? Right now, I am told that 40% of Idaho spending comes from the Federal Government. Reduce that to 30. Idaho needs to revise its budget and turn all Federal Money back to the Fed. No more federal money. It is all borrowed and causing serious inflation. How can we be a part of that? A government shutdown would be better than continuing present spending levels. Much of this money has gone for welfare programs, and higher salaries for teachers and professors. This is a national disaster.
- Trump Endorsed her, now wants her out Rhonna McDaniel, Chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, is the niece of Mitt Romney, and appears to think much like him. This is not productive.
- Lawyer Comments on NY Trump Trial: Democrats out to get Trump The gag order and the rest of the trial is ludicrous. Fortunately, most people can see it, and the Democrats will lose in the end. 5 minutes
- U.S.-China Agreement: Boon for China, Boondoggle for U.S. China is building hundreds of new coal-fired power plants. We are pledging to close ours. Wind and solar will never be viable solutions. Even if we cover the entire country with wind and solar, it will be a great thing for China, where many of these devices are made, but it will destroy us. Wind and solar right now account for a very small percentage of our energy use. Here in Idaho, it has been raining and cloudy for three weeks. No battery can be built to take up the slack. We need fossil fuels. They have made us great. This agreement with China has to be considered a treaty and has to be approved by the Senate (2/3?). If it is not a treaty, they are acting like a dictator. This must not continue.
- Here is a Ietter I sent to a few members of Congress, yesterday.
Sirs (and Madams),
Maybe you have avoided a shutdown, but at what cost? We continue to spend as before. It would be far better for the government to shut down than to increase the debt. This is continued madness.
In Idaho, 40% of what we spend comes from the Federal government. Most of that has happened under the Biden Administration. This has to stop. If we in the House cannot control the budget, then you might as well fold up the work and come home. I would start by reducing what you give us to 30%. I understand that at least one state has refused to take any federal money because it is pure inflation.
Prices have come down a little and that is simply because you have not printed any new money for several months. Now they will edge back up again. You must take the blame. You have the Constitutional authority to cut the budget. If the Senate does not agree then they can take the blame for shutting down the government. We must take a stand, or we will have no future. You are the ones who can do it, otherwise why remove McCarthy from office. Now you have a little time to work on this. Please do what is right. Balance the budget. Give money to Israel, taking it from the IRS budget. No more money for Ukraine until after you stop them at the border. The 7,000 who are headed to the border must be stopped. Looks like Texas may try, but you have the control. Make the border secure.
Know that I am praying for you.